Our Service Teams Do All These Things (And More)...
1) Building a house in 4 days and handing the key for the door to a family who has never had the security of a safe, dry place to live.
2) Visiting a poor neighborhood and watching as a line of over 100 barefoot kids comes to eat a bowl of vegetable soup.
3) Finding the perfect pair of sparkly pink shoes for a four-year-old Guatemalan girl and seeing her dance away proudly showing her friend her new “feet”.
4) Salsa dancing, volcano watching and traveling to Lake Atitlán , one of the world’s “Seven Most Beautiful Lakes”.
5) Living in a home stay with a Guatemalan family & practicing your Español while you eat a dinner of pollo, arroz y frijoles (chicken, rice and beans).
6) Stretching yourself in ways you’ve never imagined…physically, emotionally, and spiritually.
Consider Guatemala… Consider The Guatemala Project… It will be a decision you’ll never regret.
Watch the video above to see how we build a house in four days! Produced by our sister organization, ImagininGuatemala
A Video Produced by a Service Team Member from Kirkwood Community College in Cedar Rapids, Iowa.